Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tally me banana...

The bananas finally began to look a little yellowy and I waste no time in whipping up the batter to deep fry those bananas to make my own goreng pisang. It seemed like a crazy thing to do to be whipping up pisang to goreng at 8 pm on a weekday, just as soon as I come home from work. But I did not want my pisangs to over-ripe, and besides, I got a craving that needed to be satisfied. Never mind if I haven’t really ate my dinner yet and that I started battering at a crazy time after work. BUT, the fact remained that I need to be fed with goreng pisang and therefore I must. Doesn't matter how long it will take me to get there.

One thing with bananas though, I never know which is the right type of bananas to goreng. Not knowing the exact ones to use usually resulted in a hit and miss. But this time, I didn’t care if it was going to turn out bad, as at least I can tell myself that I tried. Good for me it turned out pretty ok and I was done within half an hour. The batter was crispy and the bananas were just nice to be used for frying. Accompanied with a hot cup of home-made "half-past six" teh tarek (pull tea), I felt like I just had a small bite of home; transporting myself back to my parent's sofa and enjoying a Sunday afternoon tea with them.

See, I’m not that hard to please, right! I’m happy, tummy’s happy and I have some leftovers for breakfast the next day. What a perfect way to end the day.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Way to go!
Pisang Raja or pisang manis? ;)
Can't remember but do you leave it in the rice bin to ripen? In the sun?

The Sleeping Dragon said...

And I wouldn't have a clue which type of pisang is which. I'm useless! :p

I did leave it in the rice bin for a day, but the rice bin is not out in the sun...haa haa!