Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Inheritance"

A lot of people out there must have really like me to want to leave me a large sum of their inheritence or just want to share their millions by offering me some business transactions. Suddenly, I have a lot of people who just want to give me their money or have a deceased client or relatives and just needs my help with some really eye-popping cash. Apparently, with no strings attached too - just send them a few information and I'll be getting some serious cash in my bank account. Only I have to reply to them ASAP. Usually though, the destination is always a Nigerian bank.

I noticed that I have been getting unsolicited emails such as those mentioned above in my junk inbox everyday...and at least 3-4 emails a day with such content. Just to amuse myself, I would usually open them up and read before trashing the mail. Not that I believe in these things, but honestly, there are at times I just want to reply just to see how it goes, you know. Especially those ones that comes from Microsoft. How come Bill Gates have never said anything about that? On the other hand, I know damn well, it is nothing more than a scam.  And funnily enough, for such a serious matter, you tracked me down via email? Seriously, how gullible or retarded do these people think I am?

The recent ones I received were quite different. Here's one that offers a business transaction:


And this one is really pushing it by saying that he knows this "sounds like a scam":


....as if THAT statement would gain my instant trust. And this came from a so-called "attorney" too. Isn't that just illegal?

I wonder how many people out there actually replied to such emails. If these scammers keep doing it, I can imagine their success rate must be pretty damn good. I hope no one I know falls victim to this.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably ain't true. If in doubt, just check with scam-o-matic. In this day and age, nothing is really too good to be true; especially when it comes to "free money".

No comments: