Monday, March 29, 2010

A "different" kinda weekend

With Silver Bullet gone for a couple of weekends as he sets out for his business trip, I get to be a temporary singleton again with plenty of time on my hands for me, me and just me. Last weekend started off a little bit different from my other “single” weekends as I started on my very first pilates class and then managed to get myself busy with other had-to-be-done activity.

Granted, I have been meaning to enroll myself into one of those classes. However, it seems an impossible feat to join in on weekdays as the class commences at 5pm. Unless you are a housewife or work part-time because you can afford to, there’s no way someone like me working in my type of industry will be able to get off work before 5pm. Saturday is my only time and I do hope to make it on every single Saturday, or as many Saturdays as I can, in the name of my well-being. I can’t decide if I like pilates or not from my first class. What struck me most was how the seemingly light stretching sessions made me perspire buckets, left me panting, and at one point in time, even felt faint! I guess there’s more to pilates than meets the eye. One thing though, I do feel more energised after the session. I guess it could only be a good sign.

What really made this weekend a different one for me was the fact that I did not muck around in the kitchen as I always do. More so because I thought I’d give my aching feet a rest. And so, I went for a much needed foot massage on both Saturday and Sunday. Both were done at different places, and while my feet got kneaded like prata, I can’t help but think of the best foot massage I had in KL. Compared to that, the foot massages here have been quite a disappointment.

On Sunday, I decided to couple my foot massage with a mani-pedi as well. By the time I got home, I pretty much decided that I will put my feet up and not do anything else. Two days of foot massages! While they are still not the best of massages, my feet still felt pretty good!

And I have a much needed pretty little feet and nails once again.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Nothing to do? Bring your cats out for a walk! Hahahaha ;)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

GOT! Always got things to do...don;t want to do only. :p

Trust me, there has been many a times when that crossed my mind. Could be fun. I'd bring Fudge...the other 2 - cannot make it! :p