Saturday, March 27, 2010

My curse

The big conspiracy continues. Time and time again, I'm discovering and re-discovering over and over that the moment I discovered a product I like and have every intention to continue buying it, they decided to take it off the shelves.

Just a few months ago, I came to learn that they have decided to stop manufacturing my decade-long most effective pimple cream. I searched for it for several months and alas! it was confirmed that they no longer are available anywhere! There goes my trusted, long time friend and I can never trust another pimple cream brand again.

Another recent news is the discovery of my favourite chai tea brand being taken off the shelves. As it is already, getting a good chai tea here hasn’t been all that easy, so that really left me pretty annoyed!

When I found out that they no longer had the brand of regular chai tea I have been buying, I reluctantly gave the green chai tea a go. I’ve never really liked green tea, but I thought I’d make an exception to this, considering I’m going more for the chai rather than the green. It turned out that the green chai tea was actually quite nice. It doesn’t even taste like green-tea at all and , it doesn't have any of  that strong after-taste you get with normal green tea. (The typical green-tea after-taste really turns me off!) . It only took me 2 repeat purchases, and you guessed it! It is now no longer available on shelf. How convenient. How atypical for something like that to happen to me.

Somehow, I haven’t been able to shake this “curse” off me and Silver Bullet is also realising that it’s rubbing off on him too. (His favourite deodorant has been taken off the shelf, amongst other things). It seems bizarre and almost exaggerated, I know...but really! If you'd known me long enough, stuff I buy being taken off the shelf so quickly after I develop some attachment to it somehow always happens. The thing is, I have no way of explaining it.

2 comments:

Silver Bullet said...

Chai tea straight from the source is on the way! :p

The Sleeping Dragon said...

can't wait!