Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Instant Satay

The world of instant food is thriving well!

On Vicvanvinkle's recommendation, I hauled back a couple of vacuumed packed satays, apparently a housebrand by NTUC Fairprice, back to Bangkok from my last trip back home in Singapore.

I'll be honest - I'm always iffy when it comes to hawker food made instant for mass consumption simply because, my experiences with those, have been extreme disappointment. Instant pratas and curry puffs, for example, are nothing but a lump of bleaaahhh playdoh. So when Vicvanvinkle suggested I give these Pak Satay a try, I was more than just skeptical. But somehow, she managed to assure me that these are good stuff, and to her, they tasted authentic. As skeptical as I was, I decided to give it a go. I only tried them recently after having brought them home since February.

My verdict:
I tried both the beef and chicken and I have to agree with Vicvanvinkle that they do taste authentic. Both are very tasty and so, so simple to make (thaw and stir fry). In fact, I like the peanut sauce quite a lot too. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of this brand. So yummy!

This brand is definitely a keeper in my books. Thanks Vic! Definitely something I need to remember to buy in bulk next time I go back to Singapore. My gripe is...what are the chances of NTUC taking the product off the shelf next time I want it?

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Glad you liked it! For healthier version, grill it or nuke it. Trick is not to overcook it tho' ;)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Actually, I pan-grilled it..without oil too! :)