Thursday, March 18, 2010

My world of "re-"

The days don’t seem to be going fast enough for me to get to the weekend (it’s only Thursday I realised), but somehow, hours spent at work just seemed to fly by. I don’t really know what it is, and I’m not even sure if I’m making any sense at all. But, just hear me out.

The thing is, I am really not that busy at work. However, in the last 2 weeks, I found myself working beyond the mandatory 8-hour day without me realising it. By the time I noticed what time it was, I have already done almost 10 hours; and with minimal breaks in between too! It is strange, given that I usually cannot wait to run out of the office, considering that I started counting down from the time I walked in!

It might still be early to judge, but for now, I can feel the difference. Perhaps, the recent change has done me good. There’s just something positive in the air. While I do feel tired after the unconsciously long day at work, I also feel inspired and energized. It’s like someone turned on the light switch  after months of blindly grappling with air in a dark room.

Re-energised and Re-inspired. It has been a long time since I have had such sentiments about what I do for a living. I guess it could only be a good thing.

No comments: