Sunday, March 14, 2010

Crazy dreams,crazy things

My dreams have been pretty vivid of late and recently, I can remember most of them very clearly for days to come. The scenarios surrounding my dreams were so intensely vivid that every feelings and actions felt so real. Real and intense enough that the moment I woke up, I was literally compelled to act on it.

It must have been my first ever to act on a dream. It started with me deciding to make Mee Rebus last Friday for the weekend to come. I figured it would be a dish Silver Bullet would like when he gets back from India (again.) I also had a fleeting thought that perhaps I should also make some bergedils to go with it. But that was that. A thought. Simply because I felt it would be too much work to prepare and make Mee Rebus, as well as Bergedils on a Friday evening. Usually, I would not have minded making it, but I didn’t feel up to it this time. Those who are familiar with Asian, especially Malay cuisine would know that a lot of time is spent in the kitchen just preparing. It was just leceh. I can’t really be bothered and I didn’t want to be on my feet too long. Hence, the bergedils became nothing more than just a mere thought. It was just a “nice to have” and not a necessity. The decision of not making it was made. I whole-heartedly and single-handedly killed the idea.

Then I had THE dream. In my dreams, I was prepping-up for some major cooking. There were a lot of people, some chaos and food had to be served within a time –frame. It was vivid, it was intense and I was working it. On top of making other things, I was also making bergedils. For some reason, I could not complete my bergedils. I started on the taters, but I just could not get it done. I was frustrated and I was not too happy with my performance. It felt like I had made a promise and then I couldn’t deliver. For that, I could not live with myself.

Then I woke up. I know it was a dream, but the feelings were too intense for me to shake it off. I hauled my ass out of bed into the shower, knowing the onus is not on me to deliver. It wasn’t like I had a craving or anything. It was just a dream that did not have an ending. But I couldn’t shake the feeling off. I felt very buay-song.

And so, I went straight to the kitchen right after that to make some bergedils.  Only then, I calmed down and the buay-song feeling dissipated. I literaly had to roll-eyeballs at myself.
 
* Leceh - troublesome in Malay
*Buay-song -not too happy in Hokkien

No comments: