Monday, July 19, 2010

Wild Wood

Paul Weller's Wild Wood is indeed one of my all-time favourite tunes. I love his voice...rough on the edges, but extremely soothing to the ears and soul. As with most of my favourite music, lyrics will always be one of the key factors that always get me.

In this case, the song (especially the chorus) resonates with the way I see my live; how I have been living it, regardless the obstacles ... and eventually getting to where I should be going.
"Climbing forever trying
Find your way out of the wild wild wood
Now there's no justice
There's only yourself  that you can trust in
And I say, High tide - mid afternoon
Oh people fly by in and the traffics boom
Oh knowing, just where you're blowing
Getting to where you should be going"
There's a little bit of reflection to things of the past, topped with a tinge of soul searching which I feel is reflecting me as an individual who,with some sense of direction, is just trying to get by in life...while finding my way out of the wild wood (at times, with massive forest fires!).

The acoustic version is such a brilliant piece here. Enjoy!

No comments: