Monday, July 5, 2010

Of iPhones & Blackberries

It is now official that I am probably the only one in my entire office who neither owns an iPhone nor a blackberry. Everyone who was in the same meeting as me today and everyone in the office  has it. And I mean E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. And you know what? Not having either one really does not make me a lesser human being! Is that news or what!

Don’t get me wrong though. It’s not that I reject technology…far from it actually. But I draw the line when it comes to iPhone or BB. Despite being a hard-core Apple fan years ago, I had vehemently refused to succumb to an iPhone just because everyone else has it. For BB though, I don’t see the need to be tied down to my email 24/7, and to be honest, I don't see the need for it. It is something I really can live without. .

Besides, I don’t really want what everyone else has, just so I “belong” to the group. I'd rather spend the money on something else. I don't need them to give me an identity so to speak. I don’t belong and I don’t conform; and that my dear friends, is no secret. Never have, never will. I am the rebel and it IS OK if I am just not as cool or “in-the-know” like the rest of the human race wired on iPhone & BBs.

As Silver Bullet once put it, he did not think he is important enough to have a Blackberry. Inspite of the industry I work in, I second that notion. All in all, I am simply not important enough to be needing a BB or stylo enough to own an iPhone.

I guess I am really just not "part of the crowd". It's not really a bad thing, is it?

No comments: