Friday, July 9, 2010

Sick

Vicvanvinkle shared some photos with me recently and the first thing that came to mind was: There really are some sick people out there! (Like we don't know already)

I can imagine the novelty and excitement behind dyeing your cats, but is it really necessary to do so? Dyeing your cats seems to border on animal cruelty to me, and I sure do hope those dyes are not toxic.

OK..I admit I had wanted to paint black stripes on Ah-Max before to make him look like a tiger, because he behaves like one and has a very orange-marmalade coat. But really, that was just joke which was never acted upon.

But, painting cats like these...? Cute as they may be, but Man! It just doesn't seem right. So, yeah! Sue me for being a tight-wad.





My 8 year old little tiger and old pal in S'pore, Ah-Max

4 comments:

Ayyappan said...

True it borders on animal cruelty.. poor animals have no say in the matter.. and we colour them as if they are part of the furniture..!!

Kim said...

RIDICULOUS!

Absolutely no justification for such behaviour. Why don't these cat owners dye their own leg hairs if they are bored? *upset*

Kim said...

Eh, come to think about it, could these photos possibly be photoshopped?

Also, Ah Max looks absolutely docile there. Request: Can we see more pics of the handsome boy on your blog please? Its never quite enough.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

u could be right abt it being photoshopped, of course. But I won;t be surprise if it is real since they do that to dogs in Japan, China. seow!

Hear ya! Will do if I find more pics of Ah Max. :) he is a little bit camera shy...hee..hee