Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sugees are addictive

If there is one thing you need to know about these cookies, they are nothing more than just evil, evil treats that will keep you coming back for more after that first bite. As far as I remember, Sugees have always been my childhood favourite;  usually made during the festive season of Hari Raya. It is really one of my personal favourites.

 
Armed with a recipe given by my sister-in-law, I decided to spend my Sunday afternoon baking away. Silver Bullet has a thing for these since he discovered Sugees, and has, several times dissuade me from making it...

 
But, I like to keep myself busy, and I just had to try baking it! It was worth the effort and I really love how each of them just melts in your mouth. It sure is gonna take a lot of will-power for Silver Bullet to refrain from dipping his hand into the cookie jar!
 
Hot from the over, here's the recipe:
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 kg of plain flour
  • 1 tin of Ghee (apparently the QBB brand is the best to use) 1 pound/454 grams
  • Fine sugar or icing sugar (wash the empty can of Ghee and use it to estimate the sugar - not too full or it'll be too sweet)
  • 1/4 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degree Celsius
 
2. Mix ghee and sugar in mixing bowl and whisk well till it form like cream.Add in baking powder
 
3. Add in the flour bit by bit, and knead the mixture into a dough. The dough should be slightly sticky on your finger. However, If  the dough is too sticky, add more flour
 
4. Then roll them into small balls and put them on a baking tray
 
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the bottom turn slightly brown.
 
6. Leave to cool before storing them in an air-tight container
 
7. Pop them in your mouth without regrets! :)

No comments: