Friday, July 30, 2010

The blues

I would hate to admit this, but these past few days have been a little bit of a downer for me. I've been pretty low on energy and my overall mood has just been absolutely "bleeaaaahhh"!  I am, at best, apathetic; with little or no motivation to do anything while waiting for things to get going.

Unfortunately, a lot of things are beyond my control at this stage and I can definitely sense my already diminishing energy levels disappearing together with my almost non-existent enthusiasm. To be honest, I had none to begin with whatsoever, but had so far ride it out pretty well. Right now, everything just seems super "bleeaaaahhh" as my days get as uneventful as a lau ah-pek picking his nose and scratching his balls while staring into space. It's like groundhog day...

...except that Silver Bullet made a difference with his acute sense in noticing the changes in the air around me.

He came home a little earlier than usual and surprised me with a bouquet of flowers. While my initial reaction was "what do I do with a bunch of flowers now that I have them in my hand",  I can't deny the fact that it was such a sweet and loving gesture on his part. That brought a smile to my face, and before I realise it,  a lump began to form in my throat the moment I brought the bouquet close to my chest to literally stare at it. I could just feel the love just oozing relentlessly out of his pores. There and then, I can't help but gushed out incoherent thoughts in my head as to how much I really love and adore my husband.

Despite my usual nonchalant sentiments to flowers, I'd be lying if I say I did not appreciate such gesture. Silver Bullet even took the trouble to hand-write me a card, which, in my very vulnerable moment could have easily opened up the flood gate of tears (but I didn't!).

We both are not romantic type, but it really was one of the sweetest things he did to ease my  super "bleeaaaahhh" moments. I think I just fall in love with that man all over again!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Awwwwww .... soooo sweeeet !!!

Go watch some stupid show to make you laugh. Catch the latest episode of The Noose on xinmsn.com/catchup

Or go for some scrumptious buffet. Have you tried that halal fine dining place yet. (Forgot at which hotel)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

eh...which halal fine dining place u referring to?

Kim said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

This man is unbelievable.

Vicky said...

Have to look for it again. I think I sent it to you via FB msg some time ago.