Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tumeric Plant Version #2

There seems to be another variety of leaves growing out of one of the tumeric pots recently. This version also seems closer to the variety of  the tumeric leaves we have seen before, and exactly like those we found when we googled on the internet. I thought these long-ish leaves do look like the ones my mom gave as well!

So, yes...I am a little confused now.

What do tumeric leaves really look like and why are there 2 different variety of leaves growing out of one pot when we have planted exactly that same tumeric roots?

This version definitely looks very different from the ones that grew (and still growing) before. I wonder if there's a logical explanation for this, for I swear the ones that were planted were the same tumeric roots! It's just weird.

2 comments:

Mum fadzlon said...

hi dear, don't confusse yourself. Simple pluck the two differont leaves and get the smell of it....is it the same and I believe you ever smell the leaves that you brougt back from SG. If its the same then leave it. its just the same in one family same parents but yet their is the difference among the both of you..hehehe...

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Hmm...I'm thinking maybe it isn't from the same parent. Maybe adopted or stray! :p