Monday, May 17, 2010

Impromptu Brownie

The situation here has been so intense that every news update I got today made me so nervous and jittery, sending my heart palpitating a thousand miles and literally making me sick to my stomach.

In the later part of the evening, I then decided that best thing to do to calm myself down is bake. As Silver Bullet put it when he looked at me grinning away bemused, "extraordinary circumstances calls for an extraordinary measures, and hence, the extraordinary comfort food for dessert".

For me though, it really was very therapeutic;  taking me less than 40 minutes (including baking time) to get it all done.The brownie smelled so heavenly as it baked away in my tiny oven. The effort was well worth it as the brownie turned out to be quite yummy. It is rich, quite moist and crumbles in the mouth. I could not be any happier.

Not bad for something that was done first time in a whim and under a very stressful circumstance, I must say!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Tough times call for the ultimate measure ... Brownies ... yum ... a slice of heaven ... the ultimate dessert ... :p"