Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prisoner of Birth

What can I say! This book is really a page-turner. It was so gripping and engaging that I had a hard time putting it away while reading it on our vacation. So good that I just could not stay away from it for too long that I read well into the nights while Silver Bullet snoozed away. I  finished reading it in a matter of days.

The scenes of a courtroom drama were really intense with the excellent typical English wit and humour, combined with a little bit of (complicated) romance, high-stakes of financial gains as well as several twist and turns. It easily is a story where the villains are contemptible and the heroes are loyal and steadfast.

Definitely one of Jeffrey Archer's best. A highly recommended read!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Have you read his "Not A Penny More Not A Penny Less"? I liked that one.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

YESSSSS!! One of my first that got me hooked to Jeffrey Archer. and that's a classic! :D