Monday, October 19, 2009

Fresh fruits


The morning hustle and bustle in the streets of Bangkok has its charm.One of my favourite is stopping by one of the many mobile carts on the streets for some fresh fruits on my way to the office.

I love to peek into those transparent casing as I pass them by. I'm always curious as to the type of fresh fruits they have for the day, with each piece of fruit costing only a mere 10 - 20 baht per piece. They may be from the street-side, but they are really fresh and mostly quite hygienic - so don't you worry.

I have but been lucky these few days as there's a now a street-side vendor selling those elusive, yet tasty Farang Dongs. He is not there all mornings, but if I do see him (or rather, after much scrutiny from afar trying to figure out what's in his cart!), I usually end up buying 2-3 of those plum guavas and start munching them right away as my breakfast while walking to the office at the same time. Those things are really yummy. My Farang Dongs are actually being sliced up in that white plastic basket looking thing, while the uncut ones, if you look closely, is right underneath that white cutting board.

I snapped these pictures with my Sony Ericsson T700 mobile phone too, by the way. The images ain't that bad at all, eh!

No comments: