Monday, October 19, 2009

How do I love thee...

For Andy, her preference and means of getting attention from the alpha furball couldn't be more subtle. Like Chandler said: Can it BE any more subtle?!



Andy is quite the cat and Silver Bullet is the only person she would snuggle up to like that. The moment Silver Bullet stops petting her, she would essentially nudge him with her head and then look up to him as if questioning why he has stopped. On the contrary, even if I as much lightly pet her head or give her a scratch behind her ears, she would immediately start biting my hand. Every damn time! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

She pretty much does this regularly with Silver Bullet whenever he's home. To say she's not really taken to me is an understatement. I think she probably secretly hates me for reasons I don't really know. Unless of course I have ice-cream, chocolates or cheese in my hand, she would hardly ever come up to pander me.

I'm sure she misses him to bits whenever he is out of town. Pretty endearing actually.

Just the other night, she came up to bed from Silver Bullet's side, and probably didn't already realise that Silver Bullet has left for his business trip. I'm pretty sure that she possibly is looking for some cuddle time as she usually does ( I'm only too happy to oblige by the way!), but as soon as she saw only me in bed, she looked at me as if she got a rude surprise that Silver Bullet was not there. To add salt to the injury, she quickly turned around, jumped off from the bed in no time and not to be seen again till I come home from work the next day!

Sigh...talk about feeling insulted by a cat. It is loud and clear that she's really not that all into me. Good thing for the other two cats being around and giving me some attention, I tell you. It makes me wonder what cats use as a criteria to choose their favourite human. I honestly don't think it is the body smell, because I'm certain that I defintitely smell much better than Silver Bullet at the end of the work day! Unless of course, Andy likes smelly stuff. Come to think of it, she likes to play with used socks and likes to bury herself in the shoe rack, and for some reason, used sneakers drive her crazy! I think she just might have a thing for smelly things and smelly people! :p

5 comments:

Vicky said...

It sounds like just pure jealousy ... like you are the third party!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

haa haa!! I KNOW! To think that I picked her from the many other cats... :(

KNS lah she! :)

Ayyappan said...

Wow!! I guess I'll sweep her off her feet with my smell..!! :D :P

Silver Bullet said...

I'm not smelly!!! :(

The Sleeping Dragon said...

# Ayyo:

bwahha ahhahaa haa haa haa! laughing myself silly with your comments! maybe she'll like you too! :p

# Silver Bullet:
Nooooo..you are never smelly. Your pespiration smells like perfume...just like my fart smells like roses. ;D hee..hee