Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama wins again!

This time for the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize for 2009, as reported in the news here. Isn't it just amazing how he is able to achieve this in such a short span of time after becoming the President?

He really is a rare breed, this guy. I like his attitude, his demeanour and everything about him so far. I just really like how he seems to be such a humble person while holding his position of power, and at the same time, burning the candle of hope for everyone else. His job is definitely a tough one, yet inspiring. This is one man I'd like to have a chat with over burgers and coffee, just to find out what goes on in his pretty little head.

I wonder if they would ever, ever in this lifetime, feature him on Hard Talk opposite Stephen Sackur. That will definitely make my day!

5 comments:

Silver Bullet said...

As much as I like the guy, he should decline this prize. He hasn't really done anything that would warrant him to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, and why the Nobel committee decided this is beyond me.

Ayyappan said...

Don't tell me you didn't find anything fishy in this..!! I personally found it to be outrageous..!! The Nobel committee might've as well given the Nobel to Bush or Saddam for that matter..!!
x_X

The Sleeping Dragon said...

There has indeed been a lot of criticisms going on since he "won" this. It is a valid question if the award is deserving just yet. I do agree it doesn't seem fair. Apart from delivering great speeches, he has yet to deliver what he preaches so far. I'm sure there's a lot of hidden agenda behind that; but I can't quite agree that he shld be categorised with the likes of Bush & Saddam.:p

Probably Stephen Sackur should put him on the hot seat to question him on this too! Would be a very interesting topic ot dabate.

But, yes..you both are right. he doesn't deserve it just yet. Although, I still do like that guy. :)

Ayyappan said...

My Facebook status yesterday read :-
I thought the only thing you could win by making empty speeches about World peace was Miss World..!! :D


He hasn't yet pulled out his troops from Afghanistan or Iraq.. God knows what has he done to world peace..!! (Pun intended!)
Which does not differentiate him from Bush..!!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

haa..haa! That's a funny status update!

Betcha not a big fan of Obama from the looks of it! hehe..heh