Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pet dies while being groomed

Tell me that pets just passing out while being groomed and then die without rhyme or reason doesn't sound suspicious to you? I was speechless upon reading the news article which Aunt Antsy forwarded to me today.  There is every wrong with human beings who manage to give the dog severe brain haemorrhages just from a grooming session and that "there is no way anyone would abuse the dog". Yeah, right! I'm sure I would believe such blatant lie if I was born yesterday or if I am a certified idiot!

Reading that article reminded me of a status update on FB from one of my ex-colleagues who posted that his dog was hurt after a grooming session here in Bangkok. I just had to find that post; and good thing is, it took me no time at all search for that very status update from a few months ago:


I did naively thought that such "accidents" would be more prevalent here in Thailand. While it isn't exactly acceptable, you tend to "accept" that things like that DO and can happen in Thailand. And when it does, while you might get angry, you hardly bat an eyelid. You try not to lose your cool, you negotiate, failing which you move on and boycott the place. You then tend to comfort yourself by accepting that this Thailand, and shit happens. When shit has already happened here, there's really nothing much you can do because it is more than likely that your whining will fall on deaf ears. Not only that, they are more likely not to take any responsibility and probably make all sorts of excuses that it is never their fault in the first place. It definitely is easier to make a fuss if you are a Thai. Heaven help you if you are a foreigner here and you can't speak their language!

But when you hear of such things in Singapore, it suddenly becomes completely unacceptable! Singapore is too sterile, clinically clean and too "straight" for such things to happen. Singapore has "standard". I hope the couple will not take the case lying down. And if the groomer is not a Singaporean, I hope he gets the maximum jail time and then deported back to where he came from. Maybe he oughtta to be the one being mauled and maimed by the dogs instead. Bloody bastards!

Do these people really think that they would and could just get away with just saying "sorry"? Is life really that cheap to these people? Injuring and killing those who can't fend for themselves is an act of sheer cowardice. Me so sad for human kind and very damn angry on behalf of the animal kingdom!

No comments: