Sunday, October 4, 2009

Poffertjes: Fun Brekkie

It was one of those days where the start of the day just has to be sugary sweet, sinful and unhealthy. The mini-Dutch pancakes (pronounced as "Pofferteesh") definitely make the cut for a  fun Sunday brekkie.  Poffertjes remind me very much of my very first holiday in Holland when I walked into a cafe in the cold mornings for a cup of coffee, armed with a book to watch the world go by before deciding what to do for the rest of the day. When I get the munchies, I would then order the pancakes and continue to amuse myself by stuffing my face silly with these miniature pancakes which are ahem...essentially meant for small kids!

The last time Silver Bullet was back in Holland, he decided to amuse me by bringing back the mixture, the authentic Dutch icing sugar and even the special pan in tow. I almost died laughing when he showed me what he brought back home! What an amusing privilege to have this Dutch brekkie treat right in from of me this morning prepared by a native Dutch chef!
 

No comments: