Saturday, September 5, 2009

New discovery

Being in Thailand really rekindled my love for fruits; especially the freshly cut fruits. It definitely is a plus that one doesn't have to travel too far to stumble unto those, since they are always so readily available by the roadside - cheap and clean, almost at any time of the day.

I always have a thing for guavas. I thought they are already quite addictive in itself, until I recently discovered these...





If you look closely, the green is much brighter. The fruit almost looks artificial, but it is still as crispy as the normal guavas. The difference is actually in the taste...kind of plum-ish. Remember those days when guavas are sprinkled with powdered plums before eating them? This is close to it, except that you don't have to deal with the powdered plum mess, since they used plum sauce to preserve these guavas.

One bite and I'm addicted. My only gripe with this fruit is with the seeds, as they are potential hazard for an emergency visit to the dentist if you accidentally chew on them too hard.

3 comments:

Kim said...

So are those guavas? Actual fresh fruit or preserved? Please enlighten? Also, can share with me during my next visit? Pweety please? ... Abit can liao.

Silver Bullet said...

Those things are addictive! Didn't know you liked them. Think there's a pretty good vendor near my office. Will have a look next time I'm in the area.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

those are really guavas! maybe, freshly preserved? does that make sense? :p will keep that in mind next time ur here.