Thursday, December 31, 2009

Smells just like Mom's

I spent the entire evening in the kitchen yesterday prepping up for a humble New Year's Eve dinner celebration at home, and on top of prepping up a Roast Turkey, I decided to give my Mom's rendang a go.

After a few hours of prepping, I got these stewing nicely on the stove of my kitchen. Suddenly it occured to me that the entire apartment smells just like our CCK home during the festive season! Sweet!

a. Festive Rice - Fragrant Nasi Minyak in the rice cooker

b. The must have Red Chicken Dish (Ayam Masak Merah) smokin' away

c. The long awaited beef rendang simmering on low heat for hours and hours!

Verdict: So far, so good. No major mishap and word has it that both the Rendang and Red Chicken are tasting pretty close to Mom's! I'm not convinced just yet, but it's a promising comment.

For me, I just love getting busy in the kitchen!

No comments: