Saturday, December 5, 2009

Panda Crazy

The whole of Thailand has been into this panda craze for months on end now. As far as I'm concerned, everyone has been talking about it non-stop and Chiangmai Zoo has been rather popular with visitors since then.

What amazes me further is that this craze has taken to a brand new height where even the local cable channel, True, has decided to have a dedicated channel to broadcast the Panda live 24/7! Don't believe me? Here are a couple of snapshots which I captured from the TV recently:



Even an animal lover like me thinks that this is sheer insanity, especially when there is no voice-over or anything remotely educational about it since it is broadcasted in silence. The intent of having this channel is really for voyeurs to gawk at those pandas and coo how cute they are. After watching it for about a minute, I swear I could fall asleep... You wait for a whole lot to just see the panda twitch! Boh-liao!

No comments: