Thursday, December 17, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine

Aunty Antsy related the following conversation to me with the receptionist of a certain hotel in KL when she called them up to inquire on the rooms' ammenities recently:

Antz: No table or chair? No cupboard?
R: Don't have
Antz: Then where can I hang my clothes?
R: U hang on the metal rack under the TV
Antz: Then where can I put my luggage?
R: ..... Er ..... On the floor?
Antz: HUH?

Then, she started ranting to me:

Antz: After that, I said thanks and hung up.
Antz: I mean, WTH?????
Antz: Oh, I forgot, somewhere along the conversation, he said "Our room design is very zen".
Antz: ZEN???? That's not zen, that's POVERTY.

I immediately burst out into laughter right there and then at my desk, shocking the people around me. Obviously they thought I had gone cuckoo! The truth is, if you KNOW her, you'll laugh so hard while imagining the expressions she'd have on her face, her tone of voice and accompanied by her speed-talk of 1000 words per minute while hyper-ventilating all at the same time and walking up and down like a gummy bear! Despite us chatting on MSN, I really couldn't help but picture all of those expressions and reactions in my head, which is, incidentally, just so her! It is too comical and it would be a crime not to laugh!

I did think that it is quite weird for a hotel (not a guest-house, by the way!) to not have such basic ammenities. I actually wondered if they have beds! Anyhow, it was the last bits of what were being said that sent me into bouts of plentiful laughter.

I just thought that was funny. Stories like this always made up for a dreary, uneventful day.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Zen means sleeping on the floor wat ;)

Silver Bullet said...

Hahaha, sounds like her! The poverty bit had me chuckle as well :p.