Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today in history #2

Sometime today last year, I stopped procrastinating and decided to start a blog; thanks to the encouragement of Silver Bullet and Barcajax.

As it stands, today marks my very 1st anniversary of blogging! For that, I 'm going to shamelessly give myself a tiny, little pat on my back. :D

One year on, and I could hardly believe that I have managed to keep this up rather religiously. To be honest, I was worried when I embarked on this. What if I run out of things to say? What if I don't have any materials for weeks or months on end? What if I just cannot think of anything to write? What am I gonna do with a blog that has nothing? What if my posts sucks? What if what I wrote isn't intellectual enough?

Then I realised, my worries are unfounded, and true to being me, I usually tend to over analyse things in my head. In terms of materials, I'm glad I haven't run out of things to say just yet! Sometimes, I just can't write enough as somehow, along the way, I keep stumbling upon the strange, the weird, the funny, the frustrations and the everyday mundane things that could contribute to a decent post.

I also realise my post doesn't have to be intellectual or overtly analytical as it takes too much effort from my end, considering that I'm a mostly self-deprecating smart-ass-wannabe rather than a true-born intellect (obviously not a geniuslah!) . Rather, I quite enjoy keeping it honest, writing it like it is from my own perspective and taking the piss out of myself once in a while. The good thing is, it really is my blog and I can write whatever I want, the way I want. Essentially, I realise that I'm mostly writing for me and I don't really give a rats' ass about what other people think; which is why I'm occasionally (pleasantly) surprised if suddenly I have a new follower or getting comments from strangers or friends telling me they like the contents of my blog.

That being said, it is nice to know that I do have a handful of readers, with the dearest husband being my biggest fan. I thought it is funny, but at the same time, also feel honoured to know that there are people who actually enjoyed my useless ramblings. (*you people seow ah! but thanks ah!*)

To those who have been following my blog even if it is intermittent, a big thank you to all; for every comments that I receive, know that they always fuel me up in ways you cannot imagine! :D

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

nephos said...

I take no credit.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Haa haa! No worries - it's there when you want it! ;)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Or I can also always take it back! :p

Vicky said...

Congratulations! Keep it up and reward yourself with a mountain size heap of ice cream! You deserve it! ;)

The Sleeping Dragon said...

#Thank you , thank you! Although I think I'll skip the "mountain size heap" of ice-cream...not good for the waistline! :D