Monday, December 14, 2009

Today in history #1

Sometime this date round about 35 years ago, my folks tied the knot...so here goes:

"Happy Belated Anniversary, Mom & Dad! May there be many more good and loving years to come!"

35 years..wow! Ain't that such a long time! And, truth be told, it's always nice to hear of marriages lasting that long...somehow, in these days and age, young couple doesn't seem to stick it out for more than a decade.

I hope we won't be like those young couples. I would only want our marriage to last as long as we are alive, come what may. I would want to be like one of those retired folks who still hold each other's hands while strolling in the park or whenever they are walking side by side. Even when they are old, grey and walking slow, they are still affectionate, brushing away dirt with their saliva or whatever left of their straying grey hairs away from the wrinkled faces of their partners. How so very endearing...

Such sights always melt my heart. I want to be one of those silly old, greying couple who still walks hand-in-hand in our twilight days; and still think that despite the flabs and wrinkles, we are still the happiest and most beautiful people in each other's eyes.

Sigh! I think I'm getting a bit sappy.

No comments: