Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sanctuary of Truth

The construction of this wooden temple located in Pattaya begun in 1981 and is still currently under construction. The amazing thing about this is that every single piece of wood used for the building of this temple is laboriously handcrafted. ]The style is that of ancient Khmer with influence from Buddhism, Hinduism and mythologies of Cambodia, China, India and Thailand.

It is quite a pretty sight. I would have never known of its existence had I not tagged along with Silver Bullet on one of his recent photography workshop. I busied myself by taking some photographs with my Olympus point-and-shoot camera till the batteries ran out juice. I just love the colour contrast of the flowering trees against the backdrop of the temple and the cloudy sky.





No comments: