Monday, May 11, 2009

Follow the following.

A follower, I now have. This came out of nowhere and it was the first thing I saw on my dashboard today. Apparently, blogger has added a new following function recently. Judging from blogger's help page, a follower is a fan. No, I'm not talking about that electrical device for creating a current of air or breeze, but someone who seems to actually like the contents of my blog. I tried to look up her profile, but I couldn't really get to it. The content on her blog site seems harmless, but the pictures...well, let's just say it doesn't really quite matched up to the contents she has written about. Not that I mind of "outsiders" reading my blog...this is after all, the cyberspace, and pretty much a public blog. However, I did feel as if I'm being stalked, considering I don't even know this person. It would be nice if she had dropped me a comment or a note to let me know her reason for following, though. I'm just curious.

I really can't be bothered to add the follow me widget on my blog. I'd like to keep my blog clean, understated and ginna-publicity free. It's weird when people you don't know start "following" you. Doesn't that constitute as stalking? I'm appreciative of those who bothers to read my blog and actually enjoyed by blabbers. At least, these are the people I know personally. But from someone I don't even know who wants to "follow" me around....hmmm... should I be wary or should I take that as a compliment?

No comments: