Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The masala one, that one.

Tosay, tosai, dosa, dosai, thosai, dhosa...? There seems to be many variation of its spelling, although I'm more familiar with "tosay".

Had a home-delivery tosay recently which costed us 350 baht (SGD 15) for a pathetic plain one and one with chicken masala. Can't believe they are so expensive here. Almost not worth it I'd say, especially when the taste is nothing to shout about.

One of the best tasting ones I've had was strangely in Laos more than 2 years back. The Masala Tosay there was just amazing - in fact Indian food in Laos were actually pretty good and not too expensive either. Which reminds me of the frequent after-school Tosays meal I used to relish with Anakinsoon and a few other friends at one of the small Indian stalls along Bugis street. It was one of the best around then and costed us like 50 cents (..?). Well...that was at least 12 years ago, but it was one of my fondest memory of Tosays! Some things you just don't forget.

No comments: