Thursday, March 19, 2009

Effects of stress?

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME.


P.S: Pardon the bad picture quality in trying to capture the "red spots" there. My photography skills kinda sucks.

Oklah..actually, more to "tak glam" rather than an offending one since I have got legs the size of an elephant's thigh. Those red blotches appeared out of nowhere a few days ago. I would have given the monkeys a run for their money at the rate I've been scratching away like a mad imbecile. I counted and there are altogether 17 ugly red blotches. All on both of my legs and 1 on my index finger. That's EIGHTEEN! Some are round and fat. Some are small and ovalish. They all are bumpy and itch just the same. I have no idea where they came from and I don't think it was some insect bites either. They just appeared in lumps when I got to the office and just got bigger when a few of those lumps started to merge together. It looked like hives and I had it once more than 5-6 years ago. Apparently, that was from stress. At least that was what the doctor said. But he only confirmed it after asking me if I had been rolling around on the grass. To which I said, I would probably be happier if I got to do that, but I had been in the office only for the last 18 hours and the furthest I walked to was from my desk to the toilet less than 3 metres away. I couldn't have rolled off the ground even I had wanted to, with or without grass.

Sigh...stress does the strangest things to the human body when you least expect it.

2 comments:

nephos said...

Definitely stress related. Stop scratching!!!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

i hope so man. it's hard to stop scratching when shiok-ness takes over! haa haa