Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jaded?

Currently in deep consternation asking myself if Thailand has finally gotten to me this time. It feels like I am a fingertip away to reaching the end of the line. My patience is wearing thin. I'm worn-down with anything and everything about Thailand and the whole hullabaloos of its resident homosapiens. Everything seems like a goobledygook and don't even get me started on Thai work antics. End May would be my 4th year in Bangkok. Time flies. It's not like I could just pack up, and leave everything behind when I've had enough. There are still 3 cats to think about who needs to be fed. Yes, yes...I know, of course the husband too lah! The truth is, I'm still earning an honest, decent living out here and I would not trade the experience here or the lifestyle outside work for anything else. I'm sure this is just a phase. I hope it's a phase. Sometimes, you just need to take a step back and reflect. Sometimes, you just can't be too insular, lest you get sucked up into a belief system that doesn't match your own beliefs, thereby stagnates you.

I think having some time OUT of Thailand for a while would be good for the soul. And my sanity. I'm really looking forward to our holiday in Tanzania. Or anywhere else for that matter. Just get me out of this frigging country for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, time for a nice long holiday.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

i know...waiting only...counting down...