Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Army pants illegal in Africa

So I found out, as I was researching on types of clothes to bring for our upcoming safari holiday. Apparently, no one in the country, except those in the military, are allowed to don on military type clothings or risk being arrested and dumped in jail.

Call me daft, but I never knew or even remotely aware of camouflaged army pants being illegal in that side of the world. I chanced upon several websites that stated this fact...and truth be told, I'm really quite surprised and even disappointed. I own 2 army-looking berms, 1 full-length army-looking pants and thought they would be perfect for the serengeti. What's more, I like the many pockets that comes with it. Very convenient for when you are travelling. My other travelling pants are mostly in black, which to my dismay, along with blue, are highly discouraged as they tend to attract mossies and the tsetse flies. Quite scary, come to think of it, but I suppose they are valid advice to follow and I certainly don't want my ass to be hauled in some African jail.

4 comments:

Boo! said...

that will be the worst place to be in...

on a lighter side, it is time to do some shopping!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

indeed! the problem is, I'm not a big fan of shopping...
thanks for stopping by, Boo! :)

Boo! said...

You don't? how could you? that makes the both of us!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

haa haa..and THEY thought i'm weird. shopping..finding things... such a hassle.