Friday, August 27, 2010

The road to "freedom"

Looking back, I did have a relatively easy pregnancy. There were small inconveniences; but unlike most stories I have heard, I did not have terrible morning sickness or having to do any bed rest or have to frequently miss work. In fact, I did not feel pregnant until I was in my 36th week  For most part of the time, I even forget that I was actually pregnant, and was only duly reminded of my condition when my tummy got bigger in the last trimester. I was also very active throughout my entire pregnancy, working right till the very end of it.

I was, however, a little on the ''sensitive" side - a bit of a softie, easily irritable and a little fussy with things and want things MY way. But! my bouts of irritability were in fact, pretty minimal. All things considered, I did not have any violent mood swings or was even remotely temperamental. In fact, I was relatively happy and easy-going for most, if not all of the time.

Up until the last stretch, that is.

I don’t know how other women can rave so much about how much they have enjoyed being pregnant. I can only say I tolerated it. As said, despite having it relatively easy, there were many, many small inconveniences which I had to deal with. They royally annoyed the crap out of me. So annoying that I now have an entire list of rant on what they did not tell me about pregnancy!

Contrary to what most women feel, I do not miss being pregnant. Far from it. At this point, boy! Oh boy! Am I glad to be un-pregnant. I'm probably missing all the good bits about pregnancy, but really! what was so enjoyable about being pregnant again?

Am I just A.B.normal?

No comments: