Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mommydom

Given my 2 weeks tenure of mommyhood hardly make me a qualified parent at this stage. However, if there is one thing I realise, one can only be as prepared as one can be. I'd be lying if I say that it has all been easy-peasy since we pretty much are playing the guessing game  of what each cries means most of the time.

Knowing what  little wisdom I now know, parenthood is no easy feat. Truth be told, I am ever so grateful for having an extremely supportive husband by my side who is not afraid to get his hands dirty, and took over some "mommy-duties" while I was still recuperating from my surgery. That being said,I am also on a heightened realisation of how trying and challenging parenthood can be to any single parent out there. I must say, I  have a new-found admiration and respect for a working single mom out there; as raising a child  single-handedly is no easy task.

I count my blessings for having such a supportive partner and even with 2 people, raising a kid is already hard enough. I cannot imagine how much harder it will be to have to do it all alone. I have the utmost respect for single moms out there who have been able to pull off such a great job in raising a decent kid single-handedly.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Yes, support from family, friends and in other forms such as paid help is (very) important. Depends on person's ability I guess. Some don't need help; others, loads ...

Hope all is well with you.