Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Next Phase

As far as I can remember, I never wanted to have kids. In fact, bring it all back a little further…I never did want to get married to start with. Even when I did get married, having a child was the furthest thing from my mind because, firstly, unlike most women, I don't like kids and cannot imagine myself cooing unnecessarily over them. Secondly, I was not so into a  "lifetime responsibility" and was all about having my own life and career. And, if you had asked me again a couple of years ago if I’m gonna end up having kids, my answer would still be a firm no.

Alas! How things have changed. Here am I, stepping into the realms of motherhood and now at this very moment, lying very uncomfortably on the hospital bed in constant pain while trying to recuperate from a difficult delivery. Right next to me, a 3-day old baby I now call my daughter with the uncanny resemblance of her Dad, snoozes away in bliss. With it, a realization that a new chapter of my life has just begun. Another life journey reflecting an improvised beginning of the same old me; but, with just the different shades and undertones of life.

We are new parents, Silver Bullet and I. We don’t pretend to know everything and when it comes to parenting and taking care of a child, we both are completely clueless and honestly stupid. We most definitely will not be dispensing advice here, but will share what we encounter and learn along the way, and hope to have fun while at it.

From my perspective, it will be interesting to see how our lives unfold itself with the challenges of having a new baby on board in the presence of 3 cats!

Ahhh! Come what may... la vita รจ bella.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

U go gurl! ;D

Kim said...

Well, babe. For starters, you might want to share with your readers, Spuddie's name?

Both your entry didn't have her name .... =P