Sunday, January 17, 2010

Almost Impromptu

The lure of food is just too much to bear for someone as weak-willed as me. This is especially so, when one of your good friends whom you seldom meet face-to-face, somehow managed to make you salivate from describing the food she's had whenever she goes off to her weekend escapades;enough to convince me that a trip gorging yourself silly and along with good company, is way well-worth the effort!

So, off we went to KL over the weekend to catch up over food with a really good friend of 14 years. The idea of going for a food trip, about a one-half hour flight away from Bangkok was largely based on impulse, and partly because I've had about enough of Thai food. Going out of Bangkok seems to be a feasible solution to my occasional craving  for comfort food which I have known back home. The weekend being my birthday was also a great excuse to justify a trip up to KL to be a glutton!

I have a feeling though, this might be more than just an impulse trip the next time! Not to mention, the foot refloxology there is waaaaaaaaay better than what they have here in Thailand. Their technique is different and masseurs there seems to get the points which the Thai massuers missed. They also seemed to know what they are doing and the massage places are decent in nature.  Easily one of the best foot massages I've ever had in my entire life.

Good food, good company, good foot massages..I'd say, it can't get any better than that!

No comments: