Saturday, August 8, 2009

So no fair.

Torture for me is ...
....watching Anthony Bourdain and Bobby Chin on Discovery Channel - Travel & Living, with each host covering a full hour of Singapore's glorious food scene back-to-back with Mr Seetoh of Makansutra, and all I could do was stay glued to the tele, wide-eyed and drooling away like an idiot.

Oh those sizzling pratas, mee goreng, sambal stingrays, chilli crab, carrot cakes, teh tariks and what nots are all just too much to bear. What a torture to be tantalized by something I cannot get around the corner when I want them. It is also quite sad to come to a realization that I don't have a bleeding clue of where most of the eating places those guys went to in Singapore. I'm ashamed!

2 comments:

nephos said...

Serious? Those are common eating places lor. The chicken rice stall that Bourdain went to is actually at Maxwell market. You used to work close by. In all honesty, you're not missing anything... that chicken rice so so only.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Ehh...the chicken rice I don't care so much about. There was this place which looked like somewhere near the Esplanade - all hawker food. I was wondering where and didn't know there's a makan place there. Think they also went somewhere that remotely looks like somewhere behind Joo Chiat. Tze Char style stall. Looks yummy!

Sigh...Singapore food runs deep in my veins! :)