Saturday, August 22, 2009

Precious

I feel like it's been ages since I have had a decent weekend at home of just nothing after several weeks of crazy work load and consecutive late nights in the office. Finally! One weekend for me to wind-down , take a step-back and appreciate the little things around me...even if it is for just one weekend.
It seems also as if the cats missed me. With the exception of Andy, both Ah-Nut and Fudge came to snuggle up with me this morning, waking me up from my deep slumber. I've been stalked all over the house since I got out of bed, especially by Fudge who happens to be the resident lap-cat.
It is a nice feeling to have Fudge snuggle up to me voluntarily each time I chill out to watch TV. She makes it a point to also ensure that she first walks all over me, then crawl in between me, my cushion pillows and whatever small holes between me and the couch in her attempt to cozy up.
Ah-Nut follows me with his eyes and if he can't see me, he seems to come find me and sit in a distance; near enough to see me but far enough for me to be able to reach out to him.
With Silver Bullet away for a couple of weeks, Andy has decided to make herself scarce, making me a tad unworthy of her piddly little attention. I'm sure that Ice Queen will come round soon and make friends with me when the food runs out or when she needs her litter cleaned. Not that I mind any of it, and at the moment, I'm enjoying my chilled out weekend with my precious cats and my precious rest time.

No comments: