Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Paragon

Call me daft, but I had no idea that there's actually a meaning behind the word "paragon". All along, I would associate the word "Paragon" with pretentious shopping malls that blast way too much air-con, selling only over-priced product and services and an utter snob. Blimey! I wouldn't have thought for a second that there's actually a meaning behind that word! But if you already knew, good for you as it's actually something I never thought about till today.

According to Dictionary.com's Word of The Day, paragon really means:
paragon \PAIR-uh-gon; -guhn\, noun
A model of excellence or perfection; as, "a paragon of beauty; a paragon of eloquence."


Ahh! I guess my initial mental association to the word is not too far off. Pretentious, Expensive, Over-rated, Snobbish.

No comments: