Friday, June 26, 2009

Blacklisted

Yesterday was one of those evenings where home delivery became the order of the day. Simply because, I wasn't really in the mood to do anything in the kitchen. Come to think of it, I should have just sucked it up and cooked! Instead, we regretfully made a wrong choice of ordering from Olivie Cafe, one of the restaurants listed in ChefsXP.

Take the Chicken Pesto Panini aside, the rest of the food we ordered from Olivie Cafe simply sucked. The Fried Calamari was awfully chewy and usually, being a big fan of calamari, I'd have no problems finishing them all. I only had ONE yesterday and decided I couldn't really eat the rest as something was really off about it. The Banana Choco Crepe tasted fake, as if it was being chemically processed. I have reasons to also believe that the Spaghetti Kamut Spicy Seafood I had as my main dish was the cause of my food poisoning late into the night. I should have said something when I thought the prawns in my spaghetti didn't appear too cooked; but instead I shrugged it off, decided not to be too anal about it and stuffed it in my mouth. I paid the price 4 to 5 hours later when I woke up several times with diarrhoea and spent quite sometime hugging the toilet bowl, puking my guts out.

That's definitely one restaurant to blacklist. Safe to say, we won't be ordering from Olivie Cafe no more.

No comments: