Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A tough call



Can you bear to give this up? Trust me, this wasn't all planned and we are contemplating adoption.

How it all happened was when I saw this little bugger sprawled at the lobby amidst 20 other human beings as I made my way downstairs from the office. All I did was just gave her a pat and told myself that I should walk away. Walked away I did. Was still thinking about the little fella as I parked myself near the cafe at lunch. I was even contemplating of walking the other way to avoid seeing her again on my way back to the office. Called my colleague and told her about this little bugger since she's a cat lover. Told her to adopt this furball but she already has got 5 cats at home. That didn't stop her from rushing 22 floors down though! As I was waiting for my colleague, the furball has already made her way to me and started with the figure of eight around my ankles. Wah lau! Heart-breaking, can! I don't have the heart to leave her by the side of the busy main road...so my colleague brought her up to the office and I went off to buy her some food; all with the intention of getting her adopted by someone else. But someone has to keep her for a bit...so I called Silver Bullet to discuss on the situation.

Funny how we both burst into hysterical laughter when I said that we would put it up for adoption after a visit to the vet. A visit to the vet, we did and brought her home. Andy and Donut seemed curious. Both had no access to the guestroom where she is to spend the night. Or at least till she's ok to meet the other 2 resident cats and for adoption thereafter.

Thought that it won't be wise to give her a name if we are not gonna keep her eventually. By the end of the night, however, Silver Bullet suggested "Marbles". She's friendly, agile, healthy and loud! Oh dear me...what have I got us into?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I suppose that we have 3 grandcats as from today.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Uhmmmm...dare not commit on a 3rd permanent one yet! :p we'll see!