Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Advocating Internet Security

Doing my part as a good citizen to evangelise the importance of online security and privacy. Thanks to Barcajax's constant nagging, and having an IT geek of a spouse, helps in my initial inertia. I've started to use pidgin as opposed to Windows Live IM for encryption for chat sessions. Unfortunately, only a handful of my friends are using this and I would encourage everyone to start this simple download. Silver Bullet has helped me encrypt my thumb-drives and I'm assured of a peace of mind should those tiny things disappear. I remember going bonkers once when I thought I had lost one of my thumb-drives. Imagine people snooping on your data. That's not very pleasant, is it?

Barcajax should be so proud! Read more on security stuff here.