Sunday, January 18, 2009

Keeping it quiet

Never have the urge to celebrate birthdays in a big way. For me, it's usually a low key affair - dinner with family and a small gathering with friends are just sufficient. I'm not so big on the entire hoolabaloos, but I always make sure that it is the day that I stay away from work! Lucky for me, all the companies I ever worked with have always grant their employees a birthday leave over and above the annual vacation days. How many other companies do that? I'm telling you, a day off on your birthday does wonders to your overall motivation. It is nice to be able to get off work just 1 day of the work week, and of course, rub in other people's faces that you have a legitimate off day to do absolute jack-all while others are at work. Hee..hee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Wish I could have a day off on my birthday.