Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fare thee well

For the past 6 months, I looned. I maintained my patience. I thought it was just you throwing a tantrum on me or just that I was too daft to understand. People told me you are one of the worst ever, but I shrugged it off coz you are the only one available to me. Every time I hit on you, you made me wait. You made me wait like no other. I twiddled my thumbs waiting for you till they are almost sore. You had me round your little buttons and I was just too petulant to speak up, thinking you would realize it is not my fault. I looned some more. When I complained, you were just slightly better. But you persisted in being so unreliable, you 20 kg fat piece of crap. You give me backaches when I slung you over my shoulder and I looned. You don't perform at optimum...and I still looned. You even disregard some work that I did and made me do them all over again a few times when I haven't slept in days. Yet, somehow I looned a little longer, maintaining my patience and building up frustrations. Time and time again, I have such a strong desire to smash you up like a pulp and drop you from the highest height so you explode and break into pieces. I refrained, as you are the only one I had. I looned plenty more times than you dare imagine. And now, I can loon no more. Productive days can be spent in the office without me having to wait more than 5 minutes each time I click on something. It took you 20 minutes to boot up, another 5 to read the file I’m clicking on, another 10 to open up the file, another 5 to open other applications and 15 more to shut down. That's dozens of minutes into wasted hours of my life that I will never get back. That’s it! I cannot take your stoopid tantrums no more. I never liked you anyway. You make me damn tu-lan. My complains to the IT department ain't so kind this time and they told me you will be replaced. About bloody time. Begone IBM T42 . You are the worst I ever had. You sucked to the grandest grandeur! It’s no wonder why they stopped production of your kind.


Super sucky, useless F#$&%^##@ IBM T42...



...replaced by a potentially eye-sight destroyer, Lenovo X200

Images courtesy of Google Images and modified by author of blog

5 comments:

nephos said...

Kakakaka. Both are by the same company btw :p IBM laptop division was bought over by Lenovo. I think they have some vendetta against you.

nephos said...

Would you prefer to test your patience or eyesight? Tough call.

nephos said...

Install Ubuntu on the older ThinkPad? Kakakaka.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

yeah..i know it's by the same company coz IBM stopped producing laptops a while ago. So I hv no choice. Company's property and only brand they willing to use :( if i lose my eye-sight, u know why!:p I'm already becoming quite brrrind btw and need to fix my glasses soon.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new friend.