Friday, February 3, 2012

Raining snow

Before we got here more than 10 days ago, we kinda wished that it would snow; more for the novelty of Spud experiencing snow for the first time than anything else.

It had not snowed since my last post a few days ago, and today, right towards the very end of our trip, it kept on snowing for a good 4 hours (at least!). It was snowing so hard that we could not get out of the house - the kind of weather which my mother-in-law says she hates. The scenery surrounding this neighborhood now is so different from a few days ago - everywhere is white! Even the canal right behind my parents-in-law place has now gone frozen solid; all ready for skaters to start skating on natural ice!


 It is currently freezing outside at -4 °C , and so far, we have not had the chance to take Spud out in the snow just yet. I'm still hoping we could, provided it stopped snowing soon.

Although I generally hate the cold, cold weather, it is also  not every day that we get to experience such beauty like this. Just the sight of the snow falling on the trees and to the ground gives me such a warm, cosy feeling.  Top that up with such a serene sight of Spud sleeping on her father's chest in the middle of the day - the image is priceless.

The sight kind of makes me forget what a terrible little monster she has been in the last few days.

No comments: