Sunday, February 12, 2012

My little teapot

My proud new-find: a Vietnamese tea set!


In the context of teapots, this was such a rare find; makes me feel all proud and dainty for being able to acquire such delicate looking teapot and tea set!

Believe it or not, delicate is never a criteria I look for in a teapot. But, we did we spent months and months and months trying to find us a decent and an average nice-looking teapot for our own use.

Funnily enough, the kind of decent looking teapots we have in mind are pretty hard to find, and when we locked our eyes on the very few teapots which we saw at the departmental stores here, they cost as much as 5000 baht (about 200 SGD!), which, in my books, is absolutely insane! Who pays that kind of money for a bloody conventional teapot?

So, for months, we made-do with a not-so-exciting-neeehhh-looking teapot which we bought for its functional purposes for, of course, serving tea.

Who would have thought that teapots are so very hard to find in this country! And, guess where I find that ? At a shop that's in my office building!

You know what too, though: now that I have found one, I'm sure that we would suddenly be seeing a dozen of other fabulous-looking teapots everywhere we go!

Anyway, here's another shot of that pretty-looking thing from a different angle. I don;t exactly know what it is, but there is something about it that I find really appealing as it looks pleasing to the eyes.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Happy valentines day to you! I'm having a quiet night catching up on yr blog
xx
helen

The Sleeping Dragon said...

to you too Helen - a belated one! :) x.