Saturday, February 11, 2012

Toilet Shop

Right in the heart of Amsterdam's shopping street, Kalverstraat, there stood a shop - Restroom Shop called 2theloo.

Yes, you read that right. A restroom shop.

Not just a restroom, but a shop. I repeat - A Restroom Shop. A shop which has public toilets in it.

And we happened to stumble upon it on our date-day out in Amsterdam.

In the entrance area, it has a little gift shop selling toilet-related product, a coffee bar, as well as a friendly store personnel who greets you, helps you out if you are confused as to what sort of place it actually is,  and makes you your coffee if you'd care to buy it.

It will cost you 1 Euro to use the restroom, but in my opinion, I would not mind paying for such novelty. There were several cubicles and so, I did not even have to wait for my turn to use one. Besides, the toilets are kept very clean.  The toilet cubicles were pretty well-decorated  and it feels cosy to be there; cosy enough to take a long dump and away from the cold.

Although I thought it was kind of strange initially when we first saw it, I totally think that it probably is the most practical thing to have in a busy shopping street where a public toilet is not always so easily available!

A really cool concept that should be replicated anywhere in the world in every busy street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I"m in love with this concept! I wish them a lot of luck! Conquer the world!!