Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our New Year's Eve into 2011

It is Sunday night, it is quiet and all I’m already dreading the thought of having to go back to work already the next day.

Then, it dawned on me that it is actually the New Year’s weekend and hey! Monday is a public holiday still. We have Monday off!

For such an eventful 2010, the New Year’s Eve was one of the most uneventful ever! Spud was in bed by 7pm as always, and we both stayed in like it was a school night. We spent a quiet night – just the two of us, on the couch twiddling our thumbs, wondering what to do till midnight and ended up watching a movie , drinking tea and looking forward to having some friends over for lunch on New year’s day.

I could barely keep myself awake and felt completely mangled out from exhaustion courtesy of Spud. I was ready to go to bed by 10pm, like I always do on any other day. But, as Silver Bullet put it, this was not any other day. It was new years’ eve and, could we please try to make it for the countdown. And so, we had our countdown accompanied by an online atomic clock, and enjoyed the 15 minutes less than spectacular fireworks from Central World from our balcony.

If there was one thing that kept me going, it was the sheer willpower I borrowed off Silver Bullet to make it through the night into 2011. I lasted no more than 25 minutes after midnight. Then I completely zonked out! I guess our partying days are now officially over.

That was as eventful as it could get to welcome 2011. And that my friends, was certainly something!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Hahahaha ... put your alarm clock 2 minutes before midnight then go to sleep. Then say HNY, watch fireworks (optional) then go back to sleep ... ;D

Helen said...

Love your blog! what an amazing year its been, there's barely been time to reflect on it all. My prediction for 2011 is. lots more baby yoga! Keeps mum and baby calm :)