Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Starting Young

It seems like Spud has taken an affinity to alternative music. I have accidentally discovered this new little trick in my bid to calm her down as she wailed in hunger while we were royally stuck in traffic one evening. Even though I was sitting right next to her, it was quite tricky to get her out of the child-seat to breastfeed without accidentally bumping her head and fragile body in our tiny Honda City. Hence, I tried all I could to distract her and as a last resort, started fiddling with the ring tones and songs available on my phone.

She almost immediately calmed down with these: 
** Supergrass’s Alright,
** The Who’s Pinball Wizard and
** Supertramps’ Logical Song.

She cried at Jason Mraz's I’m Yours

Spud at her state of calmness

I also realise that sometimes things may have the tendency to not work the next time round. As dubious as the above sounded, I gave it a shot a few times more thereafter whenever she has her crying bouts. So far it worked like a charm! I can only grin from ear to ear at the choices of songs that calmed her down. Screw Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars!

I guess Moms do have a tendency of figuring things out! :p

4 comments:

Josephine said...

Follow your heart and everything will be allright.

Rachel said...

Mathieu loved the sound of the hairdryer till about 8 months. He'd fall straight to sleep whenever he heard it. I had CDs of those in the car, his room, and even in my iphone for the pram!

Yup, mums definitely have a way of figuring these things out!

Vicky said...

Remember that you started her even when she was in your tummy! All those rock (?) concerts you attended and the music you have been listening to. So I'm not too surprised. ;)

Vicky said...

PS: Love this pix! :)