Friday, September 24, 2010

Rockabye Baby

Children’s songs are just godawful! During my pregnancy days, we had a hard time picking up toys or hanging mobiles for Spud as they tend to come with annoying music attached. I really do want to jump out of my skin each time I hear them. Every time I pressed THE button, I cringed. Those music are hideous; and whoever came out with such terrible music ought to be shot! Dare they call such atrocious music lullabies too! Spare a thought for the parents who have to listen to such dreadful tunes repetitively!

We did delay buying such items for the above reason during my pregnancy days. It was also during that time when I found out about Rockabye Baby from a blogger. (Nice find, Boo!) I thought that was the coolest thing ever! They have lullabies from my favourite bands. Simply hilarious! I mean, they have Green Day, Metallica, Pink Floyd, NIN and even Tool! Stuff I started listening to in my youth. Beat that.

Despite all that excitement, we decided to go to the “safe side” for fear of ‘spoiling’ the real music of our favourite bands. (You know what I mean)

Hence, for Spud and for the sake of our own sanity, we veered towards the classic, starting with Beatles. We have recently purchased Queen and they now play a huge part with Spud’s bedtime ritual. In fact, I found myself humming these tunes to her when I try to settle her during the day. How bizarre is that!

Honestly, I don’t mind adding a few more to Spud's collection. They were really an awesome buy. Worth every penny.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have the AC/DC version!!

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Awesome! We should trade!!! ;D

Silver Bullet said...

I want the AC/DC version!